Grand Canyon and Niel Young in a Bar


Advertisement
Published: April 7th 2012
Edit Blog Post

So the trip to the grand canyon was remarkable for the hoover dam which was pretty cool, and for the stretch of route 66 we got to drive, and for the Arizona landscape in evening light. We stopped for a supper at this total route 66 bar called the Road Kill, yard all full of rusted car bodies and various old american things. Inside, stuffed animals and branding irons and dollar bills all over the walls and cieling. And then a blonde woman at the bar brings out this steel guitar covered in bronze flames and starts singing Niel Young. And then an old cowboy type sits with her, and together they played. It was so cool, there were just a few of us watching, Alex sang Cocaine Blues with him, it was just perfect. Fish Fry Friday. We drove late, got into the Kaibob national forest and found a dirt road to pull off on and we set up camp and a nice little fire. Its felt like a bit of a push these last few days, and we had to get up early for the chance at a back country pass so we can hike down to the colorado river. We succeeded in that more or less - they had a pass available for sunday night, so were taking a R&R day today, to bomb around the park on the KLR and get ready for the hike tomorrow. Have a nice little camp supper tonight. Things are good- nothing lost or broken, enjoying each other lots, just needing a restful day. And shower. Mmmmm. There was even a pancake breakfast here this morning, with easter egg hunt for the kids of park employees! Next up is the hike- Quite looking forward to that.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.094s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 15; qc: 52; dbt: 0.0421s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb