Flagstaff


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Arizona » Flagstaff
May 1st 2011
Published: May 1st 2011
Edit Blog Post

cool carcool carcool car

Authentic old car
Hi there, beautiful people.

greetings from 7,000 foot high Flagstaff, where the temperature is probably below freezing right now. (It's 9:15 at night.)Started the day in Kingman, where we wound up yesterday, after our trip to the west rim of the Grand Canyon. What can I say about the Canyon? It's really, REALLY big. I felt like someone trying to examine an elephant an inch at a time. The forest of tiny pine trees, and then the joshua trees around it were really interesting, too.

today, we slept in, seeing as we were absolutely knackered, and also it was easier to sleep in the cooler climate of Kingman. When we finally did get up, we headed along highway 40 (also known as Route 66), steeply uphill. The scenery is diverse and beautiful, going from arid, semi-desert to montane pine-forest, and with numerous beautiful mountains all around us.
We stopped for lunch in a tiny place called Ash Forks, and ate aer that, we went tot a genuine diner that hadn't been franchised by the big boys.

After that, went to the town of Williams, which is slightly bigger (maybe the size of Waimate). That was cool, too. It's
Cool SignCool SignCool Sign

Americans have sense of humour
almost unbeleivable how much the climate can change with an hours' driving. It's only about two hours downhill to Phoenix, where it's really hot. Having a great time.


Additional photos below
Photos: 5, Displayed: 5


Advertisement

Me InjunMe Injun
Me Injun

I meet some locals with woodworm


Tot: 0.062s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 10; qc: 46; dbt: 0.0415s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb