Old West Halloween, Phoenix style


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Arizona » Chandler
October 31st 2009
Published: June 16th 2017
Edit Blog Post

Pausing by the monstersPausing by the monstersPausing by the monsters

Golfland in Mesa did a great job Halloween-ing the place up. Teenagers in costume roamed the course handing out candy, there were crafts and games for kids, and lots of noisy , flashing arcades.
Geo: 33.3029, -111.841

It was a goulish game of golf at Golfland in Mesa with the whole course outfitted for Halloween. Totally geared for kids and families, the kids corner and it's spooky crafts made me want to sit and color a bit, but after our round of mini golf we had a date with Doomtown, the Refuge of the Unwanted.
The Wild Horse Pass casino has developed a really authentic western town called Rawhide -- the site this year of the Train of Terror, the Body Wagon to Ghoul Gulch, the Crypt and The Asylum. We sat on the boardwalk eating popcorn, watching the costumed walk down dusty mainstreet.




Additional photos below
Photos: 5, Displayed: 5


Advertisement

Bob tries to whup me in Goulish GolfBob tries to whup me in Goulish Golf
Bob tries to whup me in Goulish Golf

It was a scarey game with me ahead the WHOLE time until the 17th hole. Then I crashed, he rallied--but forgot to add in one hole--so we don't know who won. The goblins got their way.
Just hangin' out by the buckboardJust hangin' out by the buckboard
Just hangin' out by the buckboard

This is the picture Bob was taking when he got himself lassooed,
Bob tries to untangleBob tries to untangle
Bob tries to untangle

He's standing there taking a picture of me when along comes the devil and ropes him.
Nice HorseyNice Horsey
Nice Horsey

You could look at this and think he really likes horses, couldn't you?


1st November 2009

You look like you'd rather be holding your fly rod!
1st November 2009

I would sooooooooooo much rather be holding my fly rod. In fact, I really did consider dressing up like a fly fisher for last night!

Tot: 0.051s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 12; qc: 29; dbt: 0.0252s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb