Alaska


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Alaska
October 21st 2007
Published: October 21st 2007
Edit Blog Post

The beauty of Alaska compares with that of any place in the world. Below are some pictures from a trip to Anchorage, then the Kenai fjords, and the Denali area (summer 2000). If you go I would highly recommend you taking the train to Seward from Anchorage--incredibly scenic! And then take in the town and some of the trails around town. While there take a day trip on a boat through the fjords on the coast. If possible take the longest day trip possible and sign up for a small boat. The one we took had about 17 people on it and it was great. We saw puffins, humpback whales, murres, a shark, a sea otter, seals, and killer whales (a huge highlight!). Another tip for Anchorage: a great day hike is up Wolverine Peak AND then you have to finish the day off at the Moose's Tooth--best pizza in Anchorage. Add the wild berry cobbler for dessert and you are set.


Additional photos below
Photos: 16, Displayed: 16


Advertisement

MooseMoose
Moose

I spotted this moose while we were driving. He was back in the woods a ways but I got a glimpse of those huge antlers.
Mt. MarathonMt. Marathon
Mt. Marathon

There is a famous race up and down this mountain every year. I would love to try it sometime!
Above the CloudsAbove the Clouds
Above the Clouds

Do you see Mt. McKinley above the clouds?
MurresMurres
Murres

These birds are expert divers.
Wooden Bat LeagueWooden Bat League
Wooden Bat League

Watching baseball at 11pm at night.


Tot: 0.054s; Tpl: 0.015s; cc: 9; qc: 23; dbt: 0.0272s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb