Allan moving on


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Alaska » Tok
July 2nd 2011
Published: July 2nd 2011
Edit Blog Post

Now we have arrived in Tok, Alaska and it's time to catch up on my blogging. June 15th we spent a rainy night in Grande Prarie and next morning left for Dawson Creek and mile one on the Alaskan Highway. Two nights were spent there with a lot of sightseeing and history especially on the amazing construction of the road by U.S. Army engineers in nine months time. On the 18th we boondocked on a gravelled strip along the roadside, then spent the following two nights at the Three G campground at Fort Nelson with more sightseeing and area history.

We left the next morning and just before arriving at Liard River our overnight spot, we came upon a herd of Wood Bison grazing on the grassy areas either side of the road before the start of the treeline.Early the next morning(6 a.m.) Gary and I decided to drive back down the road to get some better pictures of the buffalo and just after crossing the bridge came across a large Bull contentedly feeding. Shortly down the road we topped a rise and saw the whole herd coming at us and a thundering herd it was.


Additional photos below
Photos: 4, Displayed: 4


Advertisement



Tot: 0.078s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 11; qc: 49; dbt: 0.0494s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb