Skagway


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Alaska » Skagway
September 21st 2011
Published: September 22nd 2011
Edit Blog Post

Slept til 8 this morning - latest since the trip started. Had to shower in a hurry to meet Jack for breakfast in Cagney's. he got a one day pass from the restaurant manager and invited me to see how the other half lives cause ron does not do breakfast. Eggs benedict- really good. Service was fast and it was quiet. Back to the room to rest a little. Met ron and jack again while walking thru the garden cafe. grabbed a very tiny sandwich to hold me til dinner. Went outside in the drizzle and walked to the train. Toni saved me a seat in her car with roseanne and frank. Helen, frank and lorraine got seats in there too.
The tour was okay but got very foggy on the way back so we could not see much. Walked around in some shops in skagway and got some good jacket bargains. It started pouring and i ended up getting a wheelchair ride back for the last 200 yards as my ankle really hurt. the wind and rain were horrible! Jack called and we are going to dinner with him and ron when they call and tell us where.
Had dinner at La Cucina- Jack's treat which was very nice of him. laughed a lot and went to see cabaret show of two guys from the cast singing. Fun but embarassing-they picked me to sit on stage while they sang uptown girl. Asked for my name and did not think quick enuf to say Helen. LOL. Got a rose then we wandered to the buffet and had dessert while ron and i disrupted things by our hysterical laughter trying to figure out if i had a stage future of sitting in a chair - ok- you had to be there.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.16s; Tpl: 0.008s; cc: 12; qc: 49; dbt: 0.0615s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb