Special Post for Grandkids - The North Pole


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Alaska » North Pole
July 25th 2016
Published: July 25th 2016
Edit Blog Post

Just wanted all the Grandchildren to know that since we were so close to the North Pole we decided to pay a little visit to Santa’s House. We didn’t think he would be there but lo and behold, there he was supervising the little elves as they made Christmas toys. Making all those toys for the good little girls and boys takes all year you know. Grandma was hoping that they would be making toys for her wonderful grandchildren but she didn't see any so she climbed up in Santa’s lap and whispered in his ear, telling him all about Abby, Liam, Indiana, Austin, Jordan, Tony, Thomas, Greyson and Brady. I’m not sure what she said but when she was done, he was shocked!!! He couldn’t believe what he was hearing!!! Santa told Grandma he hoped that they would be good little girls and boys for the rest of the year, always listening to Mommy and Daddy and maybe the elves would be making their Christmas toys soon. Santa smiled and said that he doesn’t think there is much hope for Liam…..or the Eagles….. then he laughed Ho, Ho, Ho….I think he was only joking about Liam. Grandma was sooo happy she gave him a big kiss right on the cheek. I didn’t think it was really Santa so I went to sit on his lap and gave that beard a GOOD tug. IT WAS REAL!! It must be the real Santa!! He told me that he had a list and he always knew we had terrific grandchildren and hoped they would always be good so he could bring them nice Christmas gifts every year. He hopes that he gets letters from each of you so he knows what you want most of all. He showed us his wall full of letters to Santa already. Santa said he and the elves don’t always have time to make every wish come true but they do their best. He told us to make sure we visit the reindeer and take some pictures for the Grandchildren so we did and they are getting in shape for Christmas Eve. Grandma found that this was a good place to buy some extra gifts and she tried to slip them into Santa’s sleigh but I think we will just bring them home instead. We had a great visit with Santa and look forward to having a great Christmas.


Additional photos below
Photos: 11, Displayed: 11


Advertisement



25th July 2016
You know when you are getting close because there is a big Santa out front

Santa
OMG I LOVED THOSE PICTURES! They are great! Ray, great story to go along with them . :) Sure made me smile!
25th July 2016
You know when you are getting close because there is a big Santa out front

That makes me Happy
Glad you enjoyed the pictures and the story. "Santa" was great and knew exactly where we were going with the story. It was a fun day. RJ
29th July 2016
Grandma tells Santa all about her Grandchildren

Nah, I ain't buying it. That look says Grandma is being very naughty.
29th July 2016
Grandpa doesn't believe it's Santa but it must be real, it won't come off

He's gotta be thinking aren't you too old for the fake beard test? Better watch your stocking this year...he may enlist the reindeer for something other than coal.
29th July 2016
Grandma trys to put some extra gifts in the sleigh

Put some in or take some out? Fess up. She was getting quite the reaction from Santa so there must have been something worked out.
31st July 2016
Grandma trys to put some extra gifts in the sleigh

Thanks JJ
Thanks for all the funny comments. Our "Santa" was great and knew exactly what kind of story we wanted to tell. We had a great time with him, may laughs. Things are going well and we are in Whitehorse, Yukon, heading back. Should be home before Labor Day.

Tot: 0.168s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 11; qc: 75; dbt: 0.0774s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb