Day 12 Cruising to nowhere!


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Alaska » Ketchikan
August 20th 2013
Published: August 21st 2013
Edit Blog Post

DSC04489DSC04489DSC04489

salmon going upstream
Well..the news we knew that was coming...our ship s not able to be repaired. She needs to be taken to Victoria BC to be repaired in the dry dock! Kinda thought this was going to happen!

The news came through about 9am this morning. Captain has advised that all guests will be receiving 100 % refund of the fare paid and will receive a voucher for another cruise with Celebrity for the same mount. Looks like we will be back for the summer cruise season 2014. This is the only cruise Geoff and I wanted to do so we won't be giving up this offer!

Must say that the staff are all fantastic people. They don't get paid a lot but they always have a smile and are very helpful. We really don't realise how lucky we are in Australia. These guys work very long hours and never once complain!

Went for a walk around town and took a tram up the mountainside to Cape fox Lodge and then for a walk around the stream where the salmon are currently spawning. That is an amazing site. So many salmon heading upstream!

It is a lovely day here
DSC04499DSC04499DSC04499

flying salmon
In Ketchikan. The sun is out and it is warm! It's just a pity that the cruise hasn't worked out as it should have. Still it is what it is! Can't Change a damn thing about it.

Looking forward to heading out of here soon.


Additional photos below
Photos: 5, Displayed: 5


Advertisement

DSC04486DSC04486
DSC04486

Geoff and I at the totem poles at Cape Fox Lodge
imageimage
image

View of our ship from the pub
imageimage
image

We made the Ketchikan paper!


Tot: 0.072s; Tpl: 0.022s; cc: 11; qc: 27; dbt: 0.0335s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb