Red Bluff Bay


Advertisement
Published: July 19th 2012
Edit Blog Post

Three brown bears behindsThree brown bears behindsThree brown bears behinds

A mother brown bear with two cubs, and perhaps one a year older.
Sunday July 16, 2012 Red Bluff Bay

Gwen and I put out shrimp pots closer to the Bay’s entrance and checked them once and moved them. I think we should have put them deeper. Kira and I kayaked over to find a mother bear and some cubs. Mom was very watchful and could see us from far off. The big boars don’t seem to care as much. We met Christy, on her paddle board and all we all went as far as we could. I got a few pix from a distance.

Tonight Kristy and Jason came over for hor dourves bringing homemade bread. They are IT people on an extended vacation living aboard their sail boat. They will leave their boat in Wrangell over the winter and finish exploring SE Alaska next summer. They’ve been in Red Bluff Bay four or five days, they can’t really remember. When Christie and Jason came over they brought their paddle board and Kira and Gwen tried it. They were tentative at first but then they wanted to do it again. They’ve already met Oogachaka and the young family from Juneau.
Gwen and JasonGwen and JasonGwen and Jason

Gwen's first ride on a paddleboard
So is Alaska as big as all that? Kingfish, a boat from Yakima came in and anchored as well.

We treated a minor medical emergency when Ruth found something in Gwen’s ear. She pushed it a little with a Q-tip which hurt against her eardrum. We hunted around for some way to get it out and I came upon a piece of stranded copper wire which I reduced to two strands, made a tiny loop and lifted out a little ball of Styrofoam. Nobody seems to know what it is or how it got there but all is well.


Additional photos below
Photos: 4, Displayed: 4


Advertisement



Tot: 0.102s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 9; qc: 48; dbt: 0.0591s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb