Day 41 - 44 08/02 - 08/05/2010


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Alaska » Homer
August 24th 2010
Published: August 25th 2010
Edit Blog Post

PICT3198PICT3198PICT3198

Kenai Lake; clear, clean, and extremely cold water
Shelby feeling much better, so we all decided to go to Homer for our halibut fishing trip. We traveled again along the Kenai Lake, and Kenai River . Many mountains surround Homer which is touted to be the capitol of halibut fishin. We are boondocking at Homer Spit camping area. As soon as we were set up Shelby and I started the search for the type of fishing trip we were interested in taking.
About noon we headed for the docks to catch the boat for our half-day fishing trip. We both cought the 2 fish limit and ended up with about 50 lbs of halibut filets. The ladies went shopping in town and rode around sight seeing, but all agreed anything they were interested in would be a better deal at Wal-Mart. They saw an eagle on the beach, and that night they fed the "Deadliest Fisherman" chili dogs for supper.
We drove back to Seward to stay a similar type of city ran campground as we did in Homer called Resurrection Bay Campground. I cooked some of the fresh halibut that I caoght yesterday along french fries, hush puppies, and cole slaw.
Today Faith catches
PICT3201PICT3201PICT3201

Same lake, different picture, but it didn't change.
her flight home, but not before hiking about a 2.5 mile trail to the base of Exit Glacier. This is the closest you can hike to a glacier without a guide. By the way all five of us did this hike. After the glacier hike we head toward Wasilla to spend the night at Wal-Mart, but Barbara and I have to stop in Anchorage to take Faith to the airport.
Our anniversary is in a couple of days, so we decided to go out and eat with Faith to celebrate early. Barbara and Faith had never ate at a Red Robin so we decided to go there since I had enjoyed their burgers, onion rings and root beer floats once before. After dinner we took Faith to the airport and went on to Wasilla for the evening


Additional photos below
Photos: 19, Displayed: 19


Advertisement

PICT3223PICT3223
PICT3223

Can you tell what this is? It took all of us several days to figure out since we had not seen one in such a long time.
DSC01148DSC01148
DSC01148

This is a college girls summer job in Alaska. Deck hand on a fishing boat. No Mickey D's, or cushy waitressing jobs for them.
PICT3247PICT3247
PICT3247

Faiths first of about 12 pictures of an eagle on a beach.
PICT3249PICT3249
PICT3249

Faith's second eagle.
PICT3251PICT3251
PICT3251

Third eagle picture. O K, enough with the eagles.


Tot: 0.189s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 12; qc: 48; dbt: 0.0964s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb