A Fun Picto-version about SE Alaska


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Alaska » Haines
July 31st 2009
Published: December 1st 2009
Edit Blog Post

We headed out of Juneau on the slow boat ferry to Haines. Can I just say this was....by far the best 4 hours in Alaska! Party of 5 on the top deck enjoying not only beautiful sunny weather, but warm weather, delicious margaritas and so much seafood...it was friggin' sweet! Haines was totally awesome and I can see why people never leave. It was packed full with writers, painters, sculpters, musicians, I'm sure there are some drifters n droolers and then me. I met this dude who has a cute little co-op gallery in the woods, and he lives across the bay and drives his canoe to work.

Before I left for AK, everyone who had been used adjectives like majestic, tranquil, breathtaking, mesmerizing, yada yada. Yes, it was those things only because that's the closest words we have to describe this place. Just the level of wildlife I saw daily doesn't even come close to Montana or BC and the fact that you should be trained in bear attacks and expect encounters often and the sheer magnitude of the mountains that literally emerge, erupt and sky-rocket out of the water is so unbelievably impossible, you get caught staring. Alaska is sick...in the best sickest way and the lumberjacks are really amazing too, which I decided at the last minute to give it to ya. Here's the final fair pics too.


Additional photos below
Photos: 26, Displayed: 22


Advertisement

the pier in Hainesthe pier in Haines
the pier in Haines

i am having deja vu here, from the pier in Nathon in Thailand...its' identical, I swear!
mmmm log rollinmmmm log rollin
mmmm log rollin

with no shirts, woohoo!
there's nothing right about this picturethere's nothing right about this picture
there's nothing right about this picture

well, except for maybe my pinky ring, omgawd!!!!


Tot: 0.106s; Tpl: 0.013s; cc: 11; qc: 53; dbt: 0.0571s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb