North to Prudhoe Bay- Nearly There


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Alaska » Fairbanks
August 5th 2015
Published: August 5th 2015
Edit Blog Post

We all arrived in Vancouver on Sunday night and we were ready to ride our motorcycles by Tuesday afternoon, thanks to the great organisation of Greg and his team at Mondiale in New Zealand and Vancouver.
We left Vancouver on Wednesday morning in stinking hot weather as we headed North to Alaska via Whistler and some great scenery to our first over night stop at Williams Lake.
The riding in this part of Canada is very picturesque along with many little lakes surrounded by the millions of pine trees.
The further north we went the denser be came the Pine trees it was like we were riding along in a tunnel.
By the time we reached New Hazelton everybody was set in their pattern of Riding in their little groups, I even got to ride with the Harley boys and girls.
Our hosts at Robbers Roost, Linda and Bill excelled themselves by making us a fabulous fresh salmon dinner.
It was a reasonably long day the next day heading up to Dease Lake, with some of the guys taking a side trip down to Stuart and Hyder,which of course extended their day so much so that they arrived too late,after all the restaurants and gas stations had closed.
The trouble with the riding up here is that we have to get used to the fact that the sun doesn't set until somewhere after 10.00 pm if we're lucky.
After Whitehorse we made our way up to Tok and had one night there and then via Delta Junction up to Fairbanks where we are now have two nights before heading north as far as we can go in Alaska up the TV famous Dolton Highway to Coldfoot,then to Weisman and finally Deadhorse Camp camp as this is as far north as we could ever ride a motorcycle.
So far all the bikes have been going extremely well apart from Lawrence who has blown a couple of fork seals on his Triumph, but hopefully will get them repaired today here in Fairbanks.
We had a great day yesterday when we rode to the North Pole and I took Rocky into see Santa he was so excited.
Don't forget to check out Rosco's Rocky Road Facebook page which I tend to update more often than I do the blog for obvious reasons it's a more convenient medium.
I will try and get another blog up on our return from Prudhoe Bay to bring you all up to speed with that experience.
Cheers for now. Rosco


Additional photos below
Photos: 26, Displayed: 23


Advertisement

Robbers Roost Robbers Roost
Robbers Roost

This is where we had the best fresh salmon
Owen, on his way Owen, on his way
Owen, on his way

He will check out the Arctic, then come all the way down to the Antarctic with me.
Rocky was terrified Rocky was terrified
Rocky was terrified

Julie trying to pacify Rocky
Entering AlaskaEntering Alaska
Entering Alaska

Radar and Nikki along with Pistol Pete and Julie.


Tot: 0.202s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 23; qc: 90; dbt: 0.1272s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb