Denali Nat'l Pk, AK


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Alaska » Denali
August 25th 2007
Published: August 27th 2007
Edit Blog Post

We Shot BearWe Shot BearWe Shot Bear

He was far from the road. You could bearly see him!
Saturday August 25, 2007 This morning was a beautiful sunny morning. The temperature was in the low 40’s and it warmed up to the mid-sixties by afternoon. We caught the bus to Fish Creek at 9:10 am. Since we weren’t hiking I took my telephoto lens, hoping to get some good shots when we saw animals. The bus driver was good (willing to stop and take time) and we saw a fair amount of wildlife today; several bears, some sows with cubs, caribou, moose and a gyrfalcon, which is rare. We even saw some of Mt. McKinley today. We got back to the campground about 3:00 pm. On our way into the campground we were stopped by a young lady who remembered us - - the Polish woman who was biking alone that we met 3 weeks ago at a rest stop on the way to Homer! She returns to Poland next week. Denali is one of her last stops. She said she’s had a wonderful trip - - no problems with her bike or people, but she is starting to dream about food and is looking forward to eating her favorite foods when she returns home. She looked great!
Tomorrow we leave for Fairbanks.



Additional photos below
Photos: 5, Displayed: 5


Advertisement

Trying Them Out for SizeTrying Them Out for Size
Trying Them Out for Size

I think he needs a bigger head.


Tot: 0.275s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 17; qc: 101; dbt: 0.1799s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb