Day 65 - Denali - boo, last day


Advertisement
Published: July 5th 2013
Edit Blog Post

The day started off with a leisure breakfast of turkey & cheese omelets. Jon and Joyce were gone all day on a bus tour, so the Ancells and the Gerdes' decided to head into town. By town I mean one gas station, the Princess Cruise Hotel and a few shops & restaurants along the boardwalk. We did some walking and shopping before heading back to camp. We did get to see a film about Jeff King who has won the Iditarod the most times. We even got a picture of his last trophy. A person would have to really love the dogs and the cold to do that race. Joe and Ron decided they wanted to drive back up to Savage River and see if they could find any wildlife, so while they did that Caroling and I stayed back at camp and had a ladies afternoon. I know I took a little nap with the dogs curled up right next to me. They are sure great little heaters. The guys got back and were kind of disappointed with the lack of wildlife on their journey, but did get some great pictures of a baby moose and his/her mother. Despite the cold temperatures the Fireweed are in full bloom. We both wish we had a full week here since there is so much to see, but it's down the road for us tomorrow.


Additional photos below
Photos: 10, Displayed: 10


Advertisement



Tot: 0.202s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 9; qc: 52; dbt: 0.0975s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb