Alaska Day 1


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Alaska » Anchorage
June 23rd 2017
Published: June 24th 2017
Edit Blog Post

Glacier Brewhouse DiningGlacier Brewhouse DiningGlacier Brewhouse Dining

Indoor, casual, and a very nice place to eat.
North to Alaska – Day 1

We started our day early, to get to the airport for a 5:40AM boarding. Of course, thinking the lines would be short, that early, was my first mistake. The second mistake was thinking the TSA Pre line would be shorter than the regular screening line. We made it to the gate shortly after the boarding began, and were able to board when our rows were called. Feeling rushed, it was a great feeling to get seated and wait for the trip to begin.

We took off late, but made it to Seattle 20 minutes early, made the next flight with no “rush” mode setting in.

Both flights were on Alaska Airlines, which still have a nice seat spacing, where my knees are not against the seat in front of me, which made for a very nice flight. The food choices on the second leg were very nice, we had to try and decide if we were eating breakfast, lunch, or brunch.

We got our bags, and were taken to the hotel, by 2:45 PM and our room was ready. We were hungry for real food, and while it was only 4:00
Glacier BrewhouseGlacier BrewhouseGlacier Brewhouse

Inside of Glacier Brewhouse
after we got settled in the room, we thought we would start with an early dinner and retire early.

The restaurant of choice was Glacier Brewhouse, which was mentioned by the bus driver as a great place to eat, and across the street from the hotel. Sockeye Salmon, and a Salmon salad were the choices we made for dinner. Excellent choices I might add.

The place was crowded, and they have a seating area, and an open seating in the bar area, so we opted for the no wait and table in the bar. The table next to us was a couple that we might see tomorrow on our train ride to Denali. We could see the brew room behind the wall to our right.

After sampling some of their brews, a dark amber, a stout, and their house IPA, eating our meal, we took a good walk down to the bay, a couple of blocks and back. 49th State Brewing has a patio on the roof, with a view of the bay. While it was a nice view, it was not spectacular because it was overcast, they did have a nice selection of product to sample.
Salmon SaladSalmon SaladSalmon Salad

Vernell's choice at Glaci er Brewhouse
The waitress suggested their Hefeweizen which was dry hopped with some local berries, and aged in a whiskey barrel, and a dark amber.

We enjoyed it, and walked back to the hotel, tired ready for a good night’s rest. Oh yeah, night doesn’t happen here like it does at home. Being overcast, it was like dusk all night. The other issue, is it looks like people don’t sleep here, since the road we were on, had traffic and noise all night long.



Tomorrow we begin, North to Alaska, day 2, up to Mt. Denali, which used to be called Mt. McKinley.


Additional photos below
Photos: 5, Displayed: 5


Advertisement

Sockeye SalmonSockeye Salmon
Sockeye Salmon

My choice for supper at Glacier Brewhouse.
49th State Brewing49th State Brewing
49th State Brewing

From the roof top patio of 49th State Brewing


24th June 2017

Have Fun!
Glad you made it there safe. Looking forward to following the trip.
25th June 2017

Brewery Tour!
Looks awesome! Have a great trip... will be following along. :)

Tot: 0.053s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 8; qc: 24; dbt: 0.0219s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb