And so it ends...


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Alaska » Anchorage
September 25th 2015
Published: September 26th 2015
Edit Blog Post

And so, it arrived at last; our final day in Alaska.

Today was spent in and around Anchorage as we had to return the car in the afetrnoon and we woke up pretty late. It was cloudy, there was heavy traffic and the GPS signal kept dropping from Daisy's phone, meaning that half the time she was navigating blind (we'd already cleared the maps out of the car). Despite this, we managed to have a productive day, shopping for any final gifts, and stopping in a little cafe for coffee and donut Friday.

We had dinner at Olive Garden before dropping off the car. The guy from Enterprise kindly dropped us back at our hotel, informing us that we had chosen the roughest street in town for our final night in Anchorage. We'd already guessed this might be the case, although 'rough' in Anchorage is still quieter and cleaner than much of Plymouth.

We're both pretty sad to be leaving, especially as our last night is having to be spent in the hotel just waiting till 4am to leave to go to the airport. Also, Daisy failed to find Laura her smokejumper to marry, but hey, there's always next time.

Advertisement



27th September 2015

Wow!
Brilliant blog ladies! I enjoyed every post and looked forward to the next. I'm quite sad there wont be anymore. From the photos and your description of your days, I felt like you were taking us all with you. Glad you had such a great time. See you at work! xxx

Tot: 0.124s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 8; qc: 46; dbt: 0.0438s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb