Alaska, Canada and NYC Day 9


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Alaska » Anchorage
June 6th 2014
Published: June 8th 2014
Edit Blog Post

Slow start - bag pull not till 1000. Today we get on the trams Alaskan railway to Anchorage.

We decide to eat and go to the visitors centre in the park so put bags out early. Turn around and picked up already - good service. Onto shuttle with half the group so no problems with list or times.

Do the visitors centre which had a good display of Alaskan life style. Beautiful day of sunshine so made the best of it.
Go to station and meet tour director and bus driver again. All present and accounted for.

Train arrives and we share the last special carriage with another group - Alaskan wilderness carriage which has domed upper level seating and restaurant downstairs. Great views.

Away we go and the views are hard to pick - which side to look out.....

Mountains, rivers, snow and lots of other things. Still no bears.

Have dinner around 1730 and while sitting at the table I notice a moose bounding through the water beside the carriage. Still no bears.

Finally get to Anchorage and off to have official photo of the group then to our hotel - Quality Suites (a little bit like the rustic hotels we got in Coldfoot in comparison to our last hotel).

Off to bed early.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.347s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 9; qc: 47; dbt: 0.1075s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb