August 30, 2018


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Alaska » Anchorage
September 2nd 2018
Published: September 2nd 2018
Edit Blog Post

Thursday Aug 30

Today we were able to have a leisurely breakfast provided by our hotel before we slowly made our way to the airport to turn in our rental car.

We had wanted to make a complaint about the condition of our vehicle when we picked it up, but will have to do that via email. This is the story: when we picked up the SUV at the airport, we had not noticed the large nail in one of the tires, as well as a small bulge in the side wall, because the airport garage is quite dark. We noticed this later in the day, and had to wait to replace the tire until we got to Fairbanks, at Enterprise’s cost, which took several hours out of our day. But that wasn’t really the issue. The fact was that the tire had been marked to indicate this problem, as well as the wheel, likely by Enterprise staff, and yet the car was released for rental to us. The Assistant Manager at Fairbanks Airport Branch told me that nobody would have done this knowingly, yet Ferdy has the pictures to clearly show the markings. Ferdy will follow up once we get home.

Our flights to Seattle and then Vancouver were a bit bumpy. We arrived at our home stay house in Richmond just before 10 pm.


Advertisement



Tot: 0.132s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 11; qc: 55; dbt: 0.0815s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb