Alabama - Family Reunion


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Alabama » Mobile
September 23rd 2008
Published: September 23rd 2008
Edit Blog Post

What a great end to the trip.
we stayed with Auntie Anne and my Mum is there visiting for a month.
Also my wee brother Colm & sister Anne and Anne's friend Caoimhe are in Alabama for 3 weeks. Mum & Auntie Anne are in Mobile & thats where we stayed, Colm & Anne were in Birmingham, Alabama but came down to Mobile for the time we were there.

We had a great time.
Lots of eating & drinking & shopping.
we all went to this outlet mall - the riviera centre down near the Gilf shores, lets just say the boot of the car had troule closing. got some great stuff.

we spent a couple of days on the beach at the Gulf of mexico, the waves were awesome, we got boogie boards and just had fun throwing ourselves about in the water. although the under currents were quite strong, luckily Anne friends Gina and Cheney were there, Cheney is a coast gaurd resue swimmer o we felt quite safe.

we had an awesome night out, needless to say copious amounts of alcohol was drank, Caoimhe was mistaken for Paris Hilton, (Caoimhe is actually better looking) I was teaching a group of american girls to Irish dance.....!!!! we got the DJ to play 'superstar' all the guernsey nursing crew will know what thats about, especially Debbie who I dedicated it to!!!!!
the Police were called at the end of the night luckily no one was arrested although less said the better and in the end we had a bit of a laugh with one of the cops, can't say too much on the web!!

also we went alligator spotting.... scary we saw a 12 foot one who was right up beside the boat. but also a great laugh.
it was great to spend time with some of the family and we had a fantastic time
also looking forward to getting back to Ireland to see the rest of the folks cuz i missed them. xox


Additional photos below
Photos: 11, Displayed: 11


Advertisement



Tot: 0.079s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 10; qc: 49; dbt: 0.0397s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb