US Space and Rocket Center Wilkerson and Barbara P


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Alabama » Madison
September 10th 2016
Published: June 14th 2017
Edit Blog Post

Geo: 34.7059, -86.7509

This posting was NOT prof-read by Glenn, so please disregard any grammatical mistakes that I have posted.

After the time at the Unclaimed Baggage Store and doing the letterbox, we headed directly west towards Madison, AL.

As we we driving by Huntsville, AL, I asked Glenn to pull off and we exited just in time to park at the US Space and Rocket Center. I wanted to see how much it would cost to go into the buildings and stuff. Bottom line - too much.

However, we did walk around OUTSIDE to see the space shuttles, rockets and boosters. Awesome. We did get some great pictures. I mentioned to Glenn that we had already seen the Space Shuttle at the Air and Space Museum back in DC 2 weeks ago.

We continued on to Madison and visited with Jeremy Wilkerson. His parents are Keith and Debbie Wilkerson from First Baptist Liberty City. We met his wife Kristin and their 1 year old daughter, MollyKate. Precious family.

We continued on to Decatur, AL where Johnny and Maria Coker live. However, I was on the phone talking with Barbara Philips, who we connected up with at the Panera Bread. I just ordered a drink. She lives
in Athens, AL, about 1/2 hour north of Decatur.

We first met Barbara via email, when she had written CAM office asking about Ron and Marcia Baker. Apparently she and her husband had been financially supporting Ron and Marcia for years. Ron was the person that would correspond. When Ron died, the communication stopped. Barbara wrote the office asking about Marcia's condition, and that was when she was given my name.

We corresponded and talked with Barbara several times. And then I said, if I am ever in the North Alabama area, I would love to meet her. AS we visited over the table, we made several connection. Barbara attended Southeastern Bible College so she knew mutual friends, plus she knows Linda Self. It was fun to meet her and make all the connections.

Again it was fun to reconnect with them and renew our friendship.

While we were driving, I was making phone calls to adjust our schedule. It seems that the horse has turned towards the barn - meaning we are anxious to get back to Dallas for a few days. I called Lois and we confirmed that we would be in Jackson, MS on Monday night and then I called Barbara Pouncy to let her know that our plans have changed a little bit. We will still have time with them, but it is adjusted just a little bit.

Today was very good, encouraging, as we saw the Abbotts (friends from SAM), the Wilkersons (friends from First Baptist Liberty City) and then connected up with Barbara Philips at the Panera Bread.



Additional photos below
Photos: 6, Displayed: 6


Advertisement



Tot: 0.257s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 10; qc: 55; dbt: 0.1465s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb