Auburn RV Park at Leisuretime Campground


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Alabama » Auburn
January 20th 2018
Published: January 25th 2018
Edit Blog Post

We left Gaffney SC with plans to stop overnight at Auburn RV Park at Leisuretime Campground to get a good night's rest in prep for an early morning departure to New Orleans. The Campground Host was very nice and dropped by our site to visit with us and welcome us to Auburn Al. We had expected a nice roadside overnight park, but were pleasantly surprised with a beautiful Creekside lot and some of the nicest folks we've ever met in the adjacent lot. After sitting a few minutes in the warm sun enjoying the sounds of running water, we decided to extend a day. It was a very good decision, we broke bread with our new friends and enjoyed the best weather of our trip. The D2s next door are from Detroit on their way to Destin Florida and like us extended their stay to enjoy the moment. I really hope our paths cross again. One of our bucket list spots is the Ford Transportation Museum in Detroit, so we'll time our visit with their travel plans to make sure we can see them there and extended an invitation to them to join us in Maine. Later in the day our Canadian neighbor on the other side was practicing the bag pipes, it drew a crowd from the park and was another treat to enjoy. We ended up staying outside next to the creek the entire day. It was bitter sweet leaving the park on Monday, but we're excited to see New Orleans again.


Additional photos below
Photos: 6, Displayed: 6


Advertisement

Don and Macie Don and Macie
Don and Macie

Macie the Beautiful Giant Schnauzer. Very well behaved.
Little Brown MaggieLittle Brown Maggie
Little Brown Maggie

She used to be white ;-)


25th January 2018

very nice
That is a beautiful dog! What a nice treat to meet people that you enjoyed so much and making new friends. I wonder where they are staying in Destin. I bet Topsail. It is a great park and we will be there in July. Glad you are enjoying some nice weather. Looking forward to pics of New Orleans. Love to you both.

Tot: 0.064s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 12; qc: 32; dbt: 0.0386s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb