Festival Sayulita


Advertisement
Mexico's flag
North America » Mexico
January 17th 2014
Published: June 16th 2017
Edit Blog Post

Geo: 20.8691, -105.432

What can we do tomorrow? we asked ourselves. Sick of wandering old town, we took the advice of a shopper we met and grabbed a bus to the little surfer town of Sayulita.

Funny thing is, last night Bob and Donna emailed us to plan a plan for going to the butterfly sanctuary next month. Since were heading to Sayulita anyway and since that's only 8 km from where they have their camper parked, it was a no brainer.

It was even funnier that with all the unknowns of travel in this country we stepped off the bus just as they were driving by. The traffic was so terrible it had taken them an hour to go 8 km and us an hour to go 28.

It's festival day in Sayulita--hence the traffic jams on the roads, and the streets in town are so crammed with tourists you can hardly walk. So much for escaping PV's clogged everything. But this little town is way too cute --it's totally forgiven.





Additional photos below
Photos: 14, Displayed: 14


Advertisement

WeaverWeaver
Weaver

His shop is full of beautiful runners he's woven and other items made by his wife and daughters. I bought a bed cover here but could've come away with half the store, his things were so engaging.
A river runs thru itA river runs thru it
A river runs thru it

right down to the sea


20th January 2014

Doesn't look like many fish are in that river!Love all the tile work and the people are always smiling and happy.Nice bum Bob!
20th January 2014

Bob chuckled.
21st January 2014

I am enjoying reading your blog and viewing your spectacular pictures......and the added bonus of seeing my brother, Tall Bob and sister-in-law, Donna!
21st January 2014

That is so awesome! Welcome to the blog. We spent today with them too--always an adventure when they're around. More on that later...
30th January 2014

your photos are so beautiful ??? it s a pleasure to see them

Tot: 0.085s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 7; qc: 41; dbt: 0.0434s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb