A drive around


Advertisement
Mexico's flag
North America » Mexico
January 13th 2014
Published: June 16th 2017
Edit Blog Post

Geo: 20.6509, -105.215

It's taken days and days to get these pictures loaded. Mexican wifi is slow--agonizingly slow, and spotty. You can get on and browse, but uploading takes hours and frustrating hours and can only be done early in the morning or waaaay late at night.





Additional photos below
Photos: 10, Displayed: 10


Advertisement

Tequila bottleTequila bottle
Tequila bottle

This lame city tour took us to a Tequila distillery. Everyone else was off tasting while I took pictures of the pretty bottles.
Proof of clear running streams in MexicoProof of clear running streams in Mexico
Proof of clear running streams in Mexico

We'd just come from the Greenpeace ship where they told us the rivers in Jalisco (Mexican state we're in) are the most polluted in the country. Not that this isn't still polluted, but it's clear and that's a surprise.
Store muralStore mural
Store mural

This thing was gorgeous
Our tour guide picks a clove leaf Our tour guide picks a clove leaf
Our tour guide picks a clove leaf

She's picking a leaf from the clove tree. Crush it and it smells just like cloves. If I had one of these I'd have a vase of them in my house. It's apparently the wrong season for the pods, but the leaves are a real treat.
Mismaloya beachMismaloya beach
Mismaloya beach

Where they filmed Night of the Iguana. This beach was only accessible from the sea until the film. It became so popular after that-- indeed Puerta Vallarta dates it's tourist industry from that film. Anyway, after the film came out they had to make a road here.
Tequila bottleTequila bottle
Tequila bottle

Cool cactus.
IguanaIguana
Iguana

Yes I know I'm no wildlife photographer, but this is even with my wide angle lens. They hang out in the trees above the river.


16th January 2014

We are surprised you can even do anything on your computer down there. Just have fun and send pics when you can we love seeing them. Stay safe and watch what you eat. Love You!
16th January 2014

Really enjoying your blogs with pictures. Glad you are having a good time.
17th January 2014

Your pictures are wonderful. Looks like your having a great time. We were in Mexico today also for 4 hours!! The scenery wasn't quite the same!!!!!
18th January 2014

We've been very lucky with the food so far--course we're in gringo heaven and the shops are careful not to sicken their clientele. Especially since 50% or more of their income comes off tourists.

Tot: 0.107s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 5; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0616s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb