day 1 of my adventure through central america


Advertisement
Mexico's flag
North America » Mexico
February 14th 2010
Published: September 2nd 2010
Edit Blog Post

woke up at 4:15am. got to LAX airport at 5am. had to pay $25 for my luggage. only backed one big backpack for my trip. from previous experience i knew the less i carried on me the better. flew from LA to Phoenix. very short layover. had a seat open next to me on the plane. arrived in Mexico City at 3:03pm.
had to change money. changed $300x12.50 pesos. got coins for the telephone, but couldn't use coins. had to buy a card for the telephone at a nearby convenient store. also noticed that once outside the gates the exchange rate was much better than what i had just got. called hostel. waited for about 30 minutes. the hostel that i reserved a bed for was the only part of the trip i planned before hand. from my experience traveling in southeast Asia last year, i discovered that the best part of traveling around is to not have a scheduled plan and see what happens. got to the hostel around 5pm. paid dollar us dollars for 2 nights. i was so hungry because all i ate were 2 yogurts and lemon poppy seed scones. went to the local market and got some delicious tacos and mango juice. dinner was around 60 pesos. bought water in a convenient store for 13 pesos. walked a little bit around the market place, but too tired from the flights so i went back to the hostel. i need to save energy for tomorrow.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.056s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 5; qc: 44; dbt: 0.033s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb