in transit


Advertisement
Mexico's flag
North America » Mexico
December 9th 2008
Published: December 9th 2008
Edit Blog Post

Ok so am currently sitting in hotel lobby waiting for mehicanos to take us to the airport to go back to LA.

RE travel tips for America: go onto hotwire (www.hotwire.com) and you can select the price of hotel you want to pay and the location, and it will select a random hotel for you. So far we have had good experience with it.

RE Cancun: really it is just a place where fat americans can get drunk and sunburnt and be waited on hand-and-foot, and is so touristy and developed it is kind of like the Gold Coast of Mexico. Definately not what we were expecting. However it has been fun. The target market for this place is naive people with a lot of money but not a lot of time, and so we have found that most things are quite overpriced and all souvenirs are imported from Bali- there is also a chain of Kuta Surf stores. Lol! However Los Americanos think they are getting a good deal. Hehe!

Oh PS I was just having lunch in one of the hotel restaurants and saw a man drinking his soup out of a straw whilst swigging his dos equis in one hand and a bottle of water in the other. Eugh!

We went to Xel-Ha (pronounced Shell Ha) the day before yesterday. It is known as one of the world's largest natural aquariums- aka you rent a snorkel set and you can swim around in it (the water is about a metre and a half deep) it was pretty cool but the habitat has been greatly sacrificed for fun and there wasn't much living coral to be seen. We also saw some ruins. Again, I do not have access to my photos and ltd computer time but will upload soon!

Gotta go


Additional photos below
Photos: 21, Displayed: 21


Advertisement



10th December 2008

Americans
It is grand, is it not that we have those 'mercans to look at When we were in Bali we used to stand next to them so that we would look sophisticated by comparison

Tot: 0.333s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 10; qc: 48; dbt: 0.0396s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb