On the road to Zacatecas


Advertisement
Mexico's flag
North America » Mexico » Zacatecas » Zacatecas
January 6th 2017
Published: January 8th 2017
Edit Blog Post

Heading from Sitillio early morning on the libre Highway MEX 54 the sun was shinning and the highway in good condition . First Military check (Area de revision) near saint Marcos where we were just waved through. Spotting miles of bare land covered with the Joshua trees, our drive today is to be 300 KMS and will take 6 hours with the speed can maintain on these roads of about 60 Kms. No toll highways were necessary, second military check 30 kms north of Zacatecas, again we were just waved through. Now settled for two nights at Hacienda Baruk, its a lovely hotel that has RV spots in the parking out front. The RV Parks are limited in this city as very little tourists your choices are slim. This park is central to town, the services work OK, it is clean and the people are wonderful. Bring ear plugs you are sandwiched between a main truckers highway MEX 45 and a railway track. NOISY it is.

Cathedral of Zacatecas a monument as well as a church . The war between the Goverment and the church as to the control of the country in 1856-1859 once the church was over turned it was looted of all its gold brought by the Spanish. It stays to day bare inside but with the original beauty outside. Zacatecas (The land of abundant grass) a territory it established two very different Hispanic societies, until the Spanish arrived in 1523. At the beginning of the Mexican revolution numerous people supported the succession of Jose Luis Maya fought forvently toward the objective. Once it was reached the Zacateca people began to notice it was not about changes in the economic and social conditions which initiated the second phase of the revolutionary battle, which meant change change in the earths property.

Today 2017 is demonstrations after demonstrations in a peaceful manor of the citizens protesting for fairness in the economics. Fuel prices went up 20 pesos Jan 1 and the average wage is still 80 pesos per day.


Additional photos below
Photos: 23, Displayed: 23


Advertisement

Mexican electrical upgrade Mexican electrical upgrade
Mexican electrical upgrade

They have a breaker
The BabiesThe Babies
The Babies

Its the best way to get in every where
The demonstrationThe demonstration
The demonstration

Support Mexico
LunchLunch
Lunch

Mexican style
The asian storeThe asian store
The asian store

In Zacatecas


Tot: 0.524s; Tpl: 0.016s; cc: 12; qc: 44; dbt: 0.2504s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb