11/11/11


Advertisement
Mexico's flag
North America » Mexico » Yucatán
November 11th 2011
Published: December 3rd 2011
Edit Blog Post

So 11/11/11 not such a lucky day for me.



We docked early in Cozumel, my shore excursion wasn't until 1:20p, so I hung out by the pool, read a lot, couldn't really sit on my balcony as it faced another ship (there were 4 in port that day), hence my not wanting to go into town. As noon arrived, the wind picked up, and storm was brewing, whitecaps, huge waves breaking on the seawall. Oh well, my America's Cup sailboat adventure ticket said it operated in any conditions, so headed out to the pier about 1:00pm. There were no tour company people there, but a few other people sitting, waiting. Eventually I went over and sat down with some, we chatted about sailing. Then a huge black cloud dumped on us. We sought shelter in the doorway of the tequila tasting room run by Dufry. After a half hour waiting, one of the men agreed to run to the ship (about 10 minute walk) to see what they knew. He came back during the squall and reported the ship had not heard of any cancellation of our tour (many others had been cancelled earlier). So we stuck it out an hour then parted ways. I walked to the mini-mall by the pier, picked up some things, and went back to the ship. Sorry day in Cozumel. Dinner at the Teppanyaki place, met some lovely people chatted the whole dinner. There was a shipwide "moment of silence" announced and carried out at 6:00pm to honor Veterans. It was a nice tribute, there were many on board wearing their caps today. Off to the show, Second City Comedy performers. It was really entertaining. Maybe we'll see them on Saturday Night Live one day. The audience participation musical number was especially funny and a nice way to top off the evening. Thought I'd try my luck in the casino, after all it was 11/11/11. Couldn't even get a seat. Guess everyone else had the same idea. Back to the cabin to read out on the balcony. DID YOU SEE THE FULL MOON? OMG, it was so beautiful peeking out now and then, seemed huge!

Advertisement



Tot: 0.12s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 9; qc: 47; dbt: 0.0665s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb