Uxmal—World Heritage Center


Advertisement
Mexico's flag
North America » Mexico » Yucatán » Uxmal
May 6th 2007
Published: May 6th 2007
Edit Blog Post

STAYING
Hotel Hacienda Uxmal

PLACES TO VISIT/SEE
Uxmal light show

Kabah
Labna
Sayil


WEB
Uxmal

This is a good site will lots of picture


Uxmal emerged as the dominant city-state between A.D. 850 and 900, when the House of the Magician, the Great Pyramid, and the Nunnery were built. At Uxmal we were “upgraded” to the Hacienda Lodge just at the gate of the Maya Ruins of Uxmal. The day was hot, hot, hot. We climbed the steps to the top of the Governor’s Palace, and the Old Woman’s House, she was thought to be a witch. The legend is quite interesting. The Pyramid dominates the ceremonial center, which has well-designed buildings decorated with symbolic motifs and sculptures depicting Chaac, the god of rain. The constant threat of drought is very real in this region. The ceremonial sites of Uxmal, Kabah, Labna and Sayil are considered the high points of Mayan art and architecture.
After dinner we returned for the night “light” show. It was different from Chichen Itza, it was not a lesson, but rather a dialogue. The conversation was a “guess” as to what might have transpired the day the princess was abducted by the king of Chichen Itza and the wars that followed.



Additional photos below
Photos: 13, Displayed: 13


Advertisement

UxmalUxmal
Uxmal

Uxmal -This is a World Heritage Site and emerged as a dominant city-state between in AD 800-900


Tot: 0.697s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 37; qc: 189; dbt: 0.2648s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.4mb