Merida Market


Advertisement
Mexico's flag
North America » Mexico » Yucatán » Merida
May 19th 2010
Published: May 22nd 2010
Edit Blog Post

Wednesday 19.5.2010 day 217
Merida Market
Today we got up and had bfast at our hotel it is included in our room rate and was very nice with fruit and yogurt and even the coffee was not too bad. Then we walk to where our next hotel is supposed to be but we could not find it I will need to recheck the directions and have another look tomorrow. Then we went to the markets were you can get anything, knickknacks, cloths vegies, live animals, vegies fish and meat. I have been to lots of markets all over the world but this was the worse one I have seen for heal concerns ½ the dead cut up fish was not on ice or keep cool and there were fly’s everywhere. The meat section had no ice or way of cooling the meet it was all just hanging at room temp which is very hot here and the blood was dripping everywhere on the floor and the benches. The benches where not keep clean and there where boxed of meet off cuts just sitting on the floor. We then went to the supermarket and got some food for dinner we are not going to risk getting food from the markets here.



Additional photos below
Photos: 10, Displayed: 10


Advertisement



Tot: 0.063s; Tpl: 0.02s; cc: 10; qc: 24; dbt: 0.0348s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb