The music of Chichen Itza


Advertisement
Mexico's flag
North America » Mexico » Yucatán » Chichén Itzá
January 25th 2012
Published: February 1st 2012
Edit Blog Post

So ive been to mexico many times, but through-out my travels to the eastern and western shores of the country; nothing compaires to the ancient temple deep in the Yucatan Peninsula. Chichen Itza, which has been around since ancient times as a Mayan temple used for worhsip, sacrifice and a place of mass gathering. While walking up the roadside into the lost temple, i was surprised to see how beautiful all the carvings in the walls of the material made to build such a beautiful monument. as I walked up to the botton of the stone steps, i heard a strange sound that resembled a bird calling out to the wild, yet i saw no animals around. Later on in my tour the guide told us to stand at the base of the step pyramid; he told us to clap. I thought about how silly i must look clapping at the bottom of an ancient pyramid; until i heard that sound again, i then realized that the sound of us clapping was echoing all the way up the steps and rebounding out the tomples stone hut at the top, only to have it come back down at us in the form of a different tune. I never knew that the magic of Chichen Itza would also hold the power of music.

In this video it shows exactly what i mean by clapping at the bottom of chichen itza to hear its musical magic.


Advertisement



Tot: 0.082s; Tpl: 0.007s; cc: 9; qc: 48; dbt: 0.0431s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb