big city full of life


Advertisement
Mexico's flag
North America » Mexico » Veracruz » Xalapa
July 6th 2007
Published: July 6th 2007
Edit Blog Post

Hey everyone, we are in the mountains on the gulf coast in the capital of veracruz. We arrived here yesterday after a day of driving from xilitla. In xilitla, we stayed in a castle on the top of a mountain, with a beautiful view, pool, marble tiled wide hallways, an orchid garden, and a 40 min. walk to Las Pozas. A man named Edward James built himself a castle in the jungle with amazing architecture, and waterfalls leading to crystal clear pools. After his passing, the jungle took over the place, so it is just crawling with interesting sites.
Before we arrived there, we came to a road block. It was a small town protesting in the street for clean water. Apparently they were promised this, time has passed, and nothing. Rob took the liberty to join in, and someone handed him a guitar to play. He made up some words and yelled viva mexico! He was loved by all, shortly after, the police put a stop to the protest, and we were let through.
The driving here is nuts, no one obeys the speed limit, and there are no lines on the road. In the cities, it is the worst. Honking ones horn is comman every few seconds.
We had a bit of car trouble, but luckly it was only the gas filter, and we happen to be in a town where there was a mechanic on every block. It cost $15 total, and we were on our way in less than an hour.
We made it to Papantla next, a small town known for its vanilla, and the massive pyramid of El Tajin. The ruins were beautiful, fun to imagine how those peóple lived.
Tomarrow, we go rapid rafting outside of the city, after that we head to Veracruz, a city just south of here.
Today we go to the museum with the giant olmec heads, and I wish to then scope out the seafood. mmm.
I am looking forward to Tulum. We will be there by the end of next week. Love you all, and more soon.


Advertisement



Tot: 0.066s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 10; qc: 49; dbt: 0.0396s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb