Real de Catorce...


Advertisement
Published: October 31st 2008
Edit Blog Post

ok, so im in the bus station of San Luis Potosi waiting to head back to Guanajuato via Dolores Hidalgo (the buses to Guanajuato finish at 13:15!?!?!?). I went with this friend called DJ to go look for peyote in the desert (dont worry ma, its for spiritual enlightenment, seriously) and we had no luck. we ended up camping out in the desert which was REALLY cool. We then went to this semi ghost town called Real de Catorce, where there are supposed to be tours that take you out to the desert, but it didnt feel right. The guys would try to sell you horseback tours, and then whispering would tell you about going to the desert, and try to charge ridiculous amounts to go there. so in the end i turned it down. according to proper customs your not supposed to make money off peyote, since its considered a god (his name is 'Mescalina') in and of itself and a holy plant regardless. now im headin back to guanajuato, then off to df, and then god knows where next... i dont even know where im gonna go to renew my visa... Texas, Cali, New Mexico (thats where DJ is from), Guatemala, Belize????? dilemmas dilemmas.... i know i know....what a shitty life huh? then back to guanajuato? chiapas? ive even been thinkin of goin back to guadalajara bc i REALLY miss Eleni... AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGGGGGGHHHHH!!!!!!!!
we'll see......

Advertisement



Tot: 0.097s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 9; qc: 51; dbt: 0.0648s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb