Days 2&3 Isla Mujeres


Advertisement
Mexico's flag
North America » Mexico » Quintana Roo
October 5th 2015
Published: October 5th 2015
Edit Blog Post

Jacuzzi on Veranda! Jacuzzi on Veranda! Jacuzzi on Veranda!

Didn't get to use it - too hot to sit in the sun!
Our bodies have been in recovery from the 6 hour time change since we arrived here. So we've been alert by 6am and then out early for breakfast. Also it's hard to stay in bed when the hot sun is beating down! The first morning, we had a lovely breakfast of fresh fruit and yogurt followed by a local dish, cazuela, made with tomato, onion, egg and cheese. Very tasty and certainly set me up for the day. The breakfast was so good here at MJs that we came back again next day for more! One of the nice things about this island is the lack of cars. Everyone's on scooters or golf buggies and no one drives fast so it's pretty safe even though there are no seat belts or doors to hold you in. We hired one and had a great time. It's the only way to explore the island in this heat! It is only 5 miles long and 1/2 mile wide! Had a swim in the Playa Norte, fab beach, warm sea. Just arrived back from a snorkelling boat ride and had a fantastic time swimming with all colours and sizes of fish. Also saw some dolphins and sharks. The island cooperative organise the excursions, so it doesn't seem to matter where you buy your ticket, from any of the many agencies. The 4 hour trip was well worth the money $US 25 each and this included a lunch of barbecued fish which was delicious! Bring your own snorkelling masks. We managed ok with ordinary swimming goggles. We swam off the coral reef and the water depth was a maximum of 3 metres.

Advertisement



5th October 2015

Havana here we come.
I can foresee a career in travel journalism! A great record of our travels. Roll on Havana!
6th October 2015

Your blog is well written and interesting and we have loved reading it....must say we are more than slightly jealous, but appreciate you blazing the trail for us.
12th October 2015
Jacuzzi on Veranda!

Jacuzzi on verandah!
Unfortunately, we didn't get to use it! Sun too strong!

Tot: 0.108s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 10; qc: 50; dbt: 0.0479s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb