hello strangers...


Advertisement
Mexico's flag
North America » Mexico » Quintana Roo » Tulum
October 26th 2006
Published: October 26th 2006
Edit Blog Post

hope you are all well. i am in mexico and am doing well, except for a very minor cold.

we spent the last two nights in a beach cabana in tulum. tulum is 130km south of cancun....so the coastline offers the same beautiful beaches on the caribbean. of course staying in a cabana offered us the luxury of walking out the door and being on the beach. but luxury has it´s price (well worth it!!!)...like mosquito nets and sandflies. there was an intense storm last night and the thatched roof of our cabana couldn´t handle all the rain so the roof started to leak a little...right over the bed.

yesterday we swam as long as the sea would permit....it was a bit rough so we didn´t stay in too long. then we went to the tulum ruins. that the ruins are situated on a beachside cliff, overlooking the caribbean, with lotso´ palm trees, made them unique and amazing to see.

this morning we moved inland. we are now in the center of town....closer to the bus station and conveniences like stores and internet. jim went to chichen itza today...i stayed behind to nurse a cold that has been agitating me for the last 2 days. it´s very minor but just enough to make me feel run down.

tomorrow we are heading to campeche....i think 😉

i will right again and upload some photos very soon.

love,
me

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, JEN MAGUIRE! enjoy, enjoy, enjoy!!! xo



Advertisement



26th October 2006

MEXICO
Hi Sue... you sure get around. How long were you in PA before heading to Mexico? How long in Mexico? Glad you are doing well and having a good time. Disfruta la buena gente y buena comida de Mexico. Esteban
27th October 2006

we are glad to hear from you!! sounds beautiful and relaxing. hope you are feeling better real soon! wish you were going to be back by nov. 13 so you could be nicky's show-n-tell! he has to do a report on mayan life (geography, ruins, govt., education, etc.) and make a project of a typical mayan dwelling, and it would be cool to take you in to tell of your adventures! i already printed out the picture of you standing in front of the tikal ruin for him to show his teacher. well, enjoy the beach and swimming (it's cold here)!! love and hugs from all of us!!!
27th October 2006

It is so nice to hear from you! Once again it sounds like you are having an amazing time. Stay safe. I can't wait to see you. Hope you feel better soon!
4th November 2006

I live vicariously through You!
Sue, So glad you are having such a good time and getting to see so many interesting places and things. You are a lucky lady! Hope you feel better soon. And hope to see you soon!

Tot: 0.098s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 14; qc: 60; dbt: 0.0641s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb