Beach, cervezas and vegan food in Tulum.


Advertisement
Mexico's flag
North America » Mexico » Quintana Roo » Tulum
April 13th 2017
Published: May 7th 2017
Edit Blog Post

We spent the last couple days just lounging on the beach, drinking beers, and eating amazing vegan food. Our hotel, VILLA PESCADORES, had a great beach and restaurant set up just steps away from our bungalow. It was easy to score a beach lounge bed and post up all day there. We would have never left if it wasn't for our need to get food. They had plenty of food there that looked amazing, but unfortunately not super vegan friendly. The chips and guacamole were great and they did have a veggie sandwich that we ordered from the main restaurant. We especially enjoyed the presence of all the animals on the beach. A few dogs and one cat we would see on occasion. One dog in particular, named Boxita, was really sweet and she seemed to belong to the hotel. Our first day of searching for vegan lead us to a restaurant called RESTURARE. Holy shit, it was amazing! It was right off the main road along the beach and located in the jungle. We had the coconut ceviche, curry, and mole dish. Service was fantastic and all of the food was amazing.

Day 3 was another stay on the beach all day kind of day. We decided to not skip lunch today and went to a vegan taco truck that our friends had told us about. CHARLIE'S VEGAN TACOS. It's more of a food truck that seems pretty permanently placed in the jungle just along the beach as well. Of course we ordered tacos and they were so good I ordered 3 more. Hey, I'm on vacation, I can be a gluttonous pig for a few days. Being from Los Angeles, all I could think was, how good could these tacos be? Holy shit, another amazing vegan spot in Tulum! By far better than any taco I've had in LA and there's vegan tacos everywhere in LA! At night, we caught a taxi to a bar called BATEY'S which is a hippieish craft cocktail mojito bar. The mojitos are made from freshly squeezed sugar cane that they squeeze out in front of the bar inside of an old VW bug. Service was incredibly friendly and the drinks were great! There was an open mic happening that seemed to pretty popular with good vibes all around.


Additional photos below
Photos: 15, Displayed: 15


Advertisement



Tot: 0.146s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 12; qc: 61; dbt: 0.0554s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb