Honeymooning in Tulum


Advertisement
Mexico's flag
North America » Mexico » Quintana Roo » Tulum
April 11th 2017
Published: April 27th 2017
Edit Blog Post

Last night we stayed at a Comfort Inn in Cancun near the airport due to our long day of travel. Coming from Los Angeles, we had a 4 hour layover in Mexico City that really spread out the day for us. So, overall, our travel day was about 12 hours. This morning, the hotel called a Taxi for us so we could catch an ADO bus at the airport. The driver said it would be around 320 pesos to get to the airport, but he would only charge us 1000 pesos to go all the way to Tulum. It sounded like a pretty good deal and even though the bus would have been cheaper, this saves us the time and hassle of having to catch two seperate buses down to Tulum as well as another Taxi to our hotel. The driver drove 120mph and took us all the way to the driveway of our accommodations at Villa Pescadores. Upon arrival, it was very evident that we made the right decision to stay here. The property was very calm and beautiful. We were greeted with a warm welcome and a couple of complimentary alcoholic smoothies. While waiting for our room, we quickly made our way to the beach that was only steps away, claimed a beach bed, and started drinking. The sand was white and fine, but not too hot to walk on. The water was clear blue, with a little bit of seaweed here and there, but mostly clear at times. The water's temperature was perfect being not too warm to still be refreshing. The seaweed washes on the shore throughout the day, but it isn't the large slimy seaweed you see in Southern California, but small and almost like kale? Either way, it was usually cleaned up a good bit in the morning and there wasn't a fly problem associated it.


Additional photos below
Photos: 10, Displayed: 10


Advertisement



Tot: 0.14s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 11; qc: 61; dbt: 0.0552s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb