DAY 1 CONTINUED


Advertisement
Mexico's flag
North America » Mexico » Quintana Roo » Riviera Maya
September 6th 2011
Published: September 6th 2011
Edit Blog Post

Dinner

Our first dinner was entitled "The Welcome Dinner" consisting of what the average American would consider Mexican food. We had chicken enchiladas with both rojo and verde sauce (red and green for you gringos), chicken flatus, beef fijitas, spanish rice, black beans, fried plantains, hand made tortillas ending with flan for dessert. The food tasted fantastic, the only minor issue was the tempature of the food. Since it is made off-site (actually just a few buildings away) and then delievered it can be luke warm. But there is an oven, so that is easily fixed. Dinner also came with a pitcher of margaritas.

After dinner we relaxed I of course took a evening dip in the pool and true to tropical vacations we were asleep by 9:30 with the crashing of the Carribean lulling us to sleep.

If you want to check out the place we are staying go to this website mexicovacationvillas and click on villas then boat villa, that is the one we are in. The pictures do not do it justice.

So far the only bad thing I have to say, is that not all of the lighting works, which would make it even more spectacular at night. However, it is a rental and I do understand that it is very expensive to maintain a place like this.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.064s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 7; qc: 23; dbt: 0.0284s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1019.4kb