We Keep Rolling On Like the Tide...


Advertisement
Published: July 20th 2015
Edit Blog Post

OPTIMIST - Someone who figures taking a step backward after taking a step forward is not a disaster, it's more like a 'cha cha'. Top o' the morning to you all. Enjoying a cup of coffee on one of the nicest mornings we've had here so far. The humidity has lifted a bit, a warm gentle breeze is in the air, and I'm enjoying a cup of java while overlooking the sea. It's quiet enough to put thoughts to... Read Full Entry



Photos are below
Photos: 37, Displayed: 21


Advertisement




21st July 2015

Enjoying your blog...
Hola Sally, I love your positive attitude and yes, you are so right, there is sooooo much more to Playa del Carmen then the beaches. For the most part of my 3 months last winter it was the same and I am a real beach lover and its was sooo disappointing to see the murky water and piles of seagrass on the beaches. I truly believed it was only temporary and this too shall pass, now I'm not so convinced we will ever see the beaches and ocean clear up. This will really hurt tourism and I myself have been torn about returning this winter. Do I go or do I stay???? I think I will give it one more shot but will shorten my stay this year and only go for Jan/Feb. the coldest months in Canada, but if things with the beach don't improve I doubt I will return. I was sooooo discouraged and upset last winter and tried to make the most of it, but we are just so spoiled with all the beauty we have known in the past. I see you are checking out new restaurants and would like to know where the "spa" with all the pedicure chairs is located and the "long" pool???? Did you notice Titi Panini is closed?? The owners closed after hi season last year and are traveling in Canada and the US. They may stop in a see me I invited them. They plan on opening another location in Playa when they return in Nov. I hope you continue to enjoy your vacation even thou the beaches look so deserted......I am sure the natives are restless and businesses are concerned about the future of playa with dirty water and smelly beaches....

Tot: 0.316s; Tpl: 0.016s; cc: 10; qc: 112; dbt: 0.1617s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.4mb