Leaving in a few days for Playa del Carmen!


Advertisement
Mexico's flag
North America » Mexico » Quintana Roo » Playa del Carmen
January 21st 2012
Published: January 21st 2012
Edit Blog Post

"With me, a change of trouble is as good as a vacation" ~



Hi all, we are off to Playa del Carmen (Mexico) to dip our toes in the ocean for 2 weeks, leaving on Tuesday. Due to a seat sale and due to my work an exceptional rate on our condo. So blessed to have this job, and it allows us stretch out our dollars for 2 weeks instead of one.

This time Al gets to pack a bag too as last year he was in French & missed out & it was a chick trip with my Mom, Mom-in-law, friend Martha & my 3 young gals. So it will be us & the kids, Martha (again!), my mom Joan and Al's parents Ray and Pat. The girls are looking forward to spending time with their grandparents. And with all the females, Al is sure glad his Dad has decided to come 😉

We will be hanging our hat at the luxurious Luna Enctanda Condos, a 3 bedroom condo, oceanfront, first level and one block to 5th avenue. We only have to slide open our patio door and we are mere steps to the infinity pool and to the ocean. Hard to take, but somebody's gotta do it. 😉

It's always so nice to go back to the welcoming arms of Playa del Carmen (Playa). Warm Caribbean breezes, postcard sandy beaches, exotic singing birds, blooming hibiscus trees and the swaying palm trees that look like they are welcoming you with a wave. There's nothing like an early morning stroll on the beach watching the pelicans dive in the water for their breakfast. And at night, pulling up a chair and watching the island of Cozumel come alive with twinkling lights and seeing the large cruise ships off in the distance. (Ahhhh, who am I kidding, I look forward to those big large lime Margaritas that seem to call out my name!!)

I am also looking forward to seeing our fabulous beach server Odin again. This is a guy that knows how to make you feel at home. He sees you coming and has your lounger, beach table and umbrella all set up along with his 1000 watt smile... You rarely get this sort of service at home and it is so appreciated.

This trip we are hoping to go ziplining, swimming in a cenote , swimming with the turtles, reef snorkeling and if we are really lucky, a trip to Xpu Ha Beach which is a beautiful private beach accessed only with private reservations. We'd like to hop the ferry over to fabulous Cozumel Island to Paradise Beach where there's water trampolines, water slides & climbing structures, bungee trampoline, heated huge pools, kayaking, snorkeling, all in beautiful lagoons. Especially geared for families.

Alrighty, stay tuned for the updates if you're up to it!
Sal & her band of merrymakers!
PS when Travel Blog sends you one of my updates, and it says, "DO NOT REPLY TO THIS EMAIL", doesn't mean you can't post a comment directly to my travel blogs. It is always nice to hear from y'all from home!

Advertisement



Tot: 0.054s; Tpl: 0.008s; cc: 6; qc: 24; dbt: 0.028s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb