Just like when we were kids!!


Advertisement
Mexico's flag
North America » Mexico » Quintana Roo » Playa del Carmen
February 1st 2008
Published: February 29th 2008
Edit Blog Post

As a memorial to my grandmother who died in the Fall, my parents decided to have a "family bonding" event. That event took 13 of us to Playa del Carmen, south of Cancun, for 3 night. After countless hours of research, trying to find a date that worked for all, we settled on January 31 through Feb. 3rd. The trip included my parents, of course, Lisa and her fiance Nate, Jeff and his wife Amber, my grandparents from Michigan - Dorothy and Don, my half-brother Mark and his wife Sara from Boston and my half-brother Brian from Boulder, CO. Haley wasn't able to take the two days needed off from work so she joined us a day later. Nine of us "Schwalms" were on the flight out of Dulles, landed in Cancun, grabbed our bags and headed for the van to take us to our resort "Sandoes Playacar Beach". We met Mark, Sarah, and Brian at the resort (and Haley the next morning).

This place is amazing with the buildings, the palm trees, giant lizards, and of course, as soon as we arrived we hit the table with the Mimosas (a trend that continued throughout the weekend). We quickly checked
Haley and IHaley and IHaley and I

Me with some hot chick
into our hacienda suites, put on our suits and headed for the beach. We were the only resort to have a beach, all the other resorts had giant sandbags that looked liked beached whales in pace of sand because of a storm the previous week.

We drank (Nate's goal was to always have a drink in his hand), played in the water, played LOTS of volleyball, ate, got burnt, drank, played MORE volleyball, drank, etc.

A family vacation just like when we were kids (except for the drinking part)! It is really rare to get the chance to go on a vacation with so many of my family, what a treat. Thanks mom and dad.


Additional photos below
Photos: 16, Displayed: 16


Advertisement

Dad and IDad and I
Dad and I

Dad and I
Photo 4Photo 4
Photo 4

My little sister and "little" brother
Photo 3Photo 3
Photo 3

Casino Night
Mexico-136Mexico-136
Mexico-136

Lisa and Nate....jumping
Mexico-152Mexico-152
Mexico-152

Haley on a hammock
Mexico-164Mexico-164
Mexico-164

Engagement photo shoot


8th March 2008

It was fun!
It was such fun with all of us getting together in a resort setting. It was just a few days of relaxing, and reconnecting with each other particularly now that you are all on your own as adults. Having the 3 generations vacation together was great for all. Thank you all for taking a few days off work and coming with us. Who is ready to do it again in a few years?

Tot: 0.091s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 11; qc: 30; dbt: 0.0465s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb