more like home...


Advertisement
Mexico's flag
North America » Mexico » Quintana Roo » Isla Mujeres
July 12th 2007
Published: July 12th 2007
Edit Blog Post

Well, here we are in the yucatan penn. headed off to Tulum. Left Xalapa, drove through Veracruz, ate some fresh shimp at a "truck stop". Muy rico! Stayed the night in Catemaco, a village know for its shamans. We stayed at Hotel Brujo, woke up, walked around the lake, and hit the road. We have endured about 5 van searches. I try to be friendly to the federales, but they are a very serious breed, then shortly on our way. Uxmal was beautiful, but the most scorching place yet, no wonder they left from lack of water. Chichen Itza "place of the well of the itza" was the largest and most impresive city yet. The grande comote provided this city to dwell longest. After, Itza, we had some time to wander through the back roads to the road to cancun, and isla mujeres. We went through about 7 or 8 villages, each with a centuries old church, and a small square in "el centro". The ferry left cancun at 5:30 and we were checked into our hostel by 7. just enough time to take a dip in the caribbean to watch the sun set. Clear blue bath water. We road our bikes to the end of the island, (about 4 km long), saw some terrific veiws, and went snorkeling. The snokeling here of the island was not nearly as colorful as Isla de la Plata, (poor man´s galapogos, off the coast of ecuador). But a good float. We are on our way today to Tulum to see the only ruins so near the sea. After a couple days in on the beach, we head on the long drive to San Cristobal, Chiapas.
Enjoy the season!
Love Anna

Advertisement



Tot: 0.103s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 10; qc: 46; dbt: 0.0818s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb