Day 12 – Cozumel, Mexico – This is the first port of call after one sea day.


Advertisement
Mexico's flag
North America » Mexico » Quintana Roo » Cozumel
March 27th 2017
Published: April 21st 2017
Edit Blog Post

We nearly always decide to get off the ship at all ports. Our view is it would be to travel so far to bizarrely just decide to stay on board. Some cruisers do not agree with our principals.

We were in Cozumel in 2014, so are happy this time to do our own thing, rather than doing something organised by the ship.

Our first task was to get a stamp in the passports. We found the immigration office really easily, but there was a big note on the door that they do not do passport stamps.

Onto the next item which was to get a photo of George with a local policeman at the local police station. Not sure if we walked straight past it, but we could not find it where it was showing on the map. Both of our planned leisure tasks for the day had failed.

We did, however, find a large grocery store / supermarket to have a good look around. Some interesting items sold here. For us, shopping is always part of our holiday experiences. The item that struck us the most was the bananas. In Tenerife, Europe will not allow us to distribute our bananas as they are too small. The bananas for sale in this grocery stall were very tiny in comparison. They looked to be really tasty.

We spent the afternoon in Posh getting some more sun and getting to know some more passengers. A cruise is a good opportunity to people study.

This evening, we went to dinner in O’Sheehans, an Irish pub style restaurant. We both had fish and chips and it was very tasty. This came on a dainty wire tray in paper like you would get in Ireland etc.

A quick visit to the buffet for ice cream to finish off the meal then ended the evening in the casino. There are some people winning some big money. Shame it can’t be us this evening


Additional photos below
Photos: 20, Displayed: 20


Advertisement



21st April 2017

Enjoying your blog
Really enjoying reading all about your travels and experiences , hope I will be able to experience some of the places you've been to soon and it's great to have a prior insight of what to expect , keep up the great work , best wishes
25th April 2017

Shame that the two task did not happen but I am sure you woukd not have allowed this to spoil your day. Better luck next visit to the casino maybe win enough to pay for your next trip, that's if it's not already booked

Tot: 0.325s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 13; qc: 45; dbt: 0.1381s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb