Mexico


Advertisement
Mexico's flag
North America » Mexico » Quintana Roo » Cozumel
February 25th 2015
Published: February 26th 2015
Edit Blog Post

This morning we discovered the hotel roof, one floor above us. Lounge chairs, tables and chairs, a pool in the open area, and a shaded area with a roof. Perfect for reading and Scrabble! Great view of the ocean from the top. We did some trip planning research up there, and thought Playa Azul would be a good day trip for tomorrow. Back to the room, where our creative maid had made a sailboat and rolling waves out of the towels.

We stopped at the Museo Cozumel, just a few blocks along the Malecon from the hotel. $4 per person, very reasonable and very interesting. Dioramas with Cozumel wildlife and trees, climate and weather displays, explanations of cenotes, map with lights designating the reefs, lagoons, ruins, etc. We really enjoyed the photographic display of indigenous wildlife. Some amazing, artsy photos, all from the book, Cozumel Above the Sea. Also an archaeological display with pottery, statues, tools, etc, as well as old ship measuring equipment and diving equipment. Had a drink at the museum restaurant, on the top floor overlooking the ocean. Very peaceful.

Back to the roof for some reading and a game of Scrabble. Grrr. Later headed out to locate one of the good cheap dinner places we found online. Las Sera's on Avenue 30 served delicious beef and chicken tacos, and was filled with locals. Stopped for ice cream on the way back. An easy day today. Pedometer read only 2.6 miles.


Additional photos below
Photos: 3, Displayed: 3


Advertisement



Tot: 0.067s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 10; qc: 28; dbt: 0.0248s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb