Happy New Year!!


Advertisement
Mexico's flag
North America » Mexico » Quintana Roo » Cozumel
January 1st 2013
Published: January 1st 2013
Edit Blog Post

We are already half-way on our trip, one month gone, one month to go. We can't believe how fast it's gone. We both still have sore throats, but they are improving so that's a good sign. There are lots of new people in our condo now, most are Canadians, one couple from Kelowna, another from Ontario, one guy from the USA. The number of Canadians here I think speak to our stronger economy over the USA, isnt' today the fiscal cliff in the States? It was pretty much same last year in Costa Rica, loads of Canadians and fewer Americans. With all the new people here, it will definitely be more lively around the pool and barbeque area.

Ian and I need to walk more and swim more and cut back on our diet if we are to have any hopes of fitting back into our pants - this is our new years resolution. Today, we walk over to the Trans Caribe then walk inland a couple of blocks, then turn left towards town. A few blocks down, we drop off our laundry at Margarita's. We find some really interesting stores and services along this street, a nice fruit and vegetable stand which also doubles as a meat market, we buy some fruit and veg but pass on the meat. Ian finds a barber and gets his first Mexican haircut. This gal really knows how to cut hair even if she doesn't speak any English. Ian points to a picture on the wall to show her what he wants. That is a straight razor in the picture she is using to trim, Ian has never been so clean cut. We find a bakery loaded with buns, they must supply hotels or something. We purchase some nice warm fresh buns, yum, and we also pick up one of Ian's smoked rotisserie chickens. Not sure how they get the flavor on those but they are just wonderful. We think we walked around 2 miles.

We had intentions of doing another walk but by time we finished our swim it was already 4 pm so we watched the sunset and had some New Year's eve steak tacos for dinner. I went to bed early as usual and Ian fell asleep on the couch, he woke up at 12;30 and came to bed. So much for the New Year's count down.

2012 was a fantastic year for us, it was jamb packed and we are very grateful and consider ourselves very fortunate. We started the year in Costa Rica on a 40 day trip. We came home to a very busy work season. We bought a place in Christina Lake to expand our business. Sonya, Adam and Gord all came out to visit us in the summer. Miranda had Kacen in June and I got to go visit her in August. Adam and Amanda got married in October in St. Louis so we got to go there. We came out to Cozumel in December.

In a month we will be going home, I think we'll be ready by then, but for now we are just going to enjoy the heck out of everything we can while we're here!!

Advertisement



Tot: 0.118s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 9; qc: 48; dbt: 0.0802s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb