It's beginning to feel a lot like Christmas in Cozumel!


Advertisement
Mexico's flag
North America » Mexico » Quintana Roo » Cozumel
December 24th 2012
Published: December 24th 2012
Edit Blog Post

Christmas Eve Eve is another beautiful day in paradise. Sunny with a few clouds, about 27 C and nice breeze. We debate whether to rent a scooter and go to the beach but in the end we decide to get the rest of our Christmas groceries at Super Mega since Ian has a scuba appointment tomorrow morning. We are stocking up in preparation for Gord and his friend Marty who arrive tomorrow night. We expect it to be very busy in the store and it was busy, but not crazy. Although we already have our turkey in the fridge defrosting, we still manage to have our largest grocery purchase yet at $150. Needless to say that our fridge and cupboards are very full.

We take a taxi back to the condo and while unpacking we notice a bag of stuff, papers and so forth that isn't ours, it must have come from the trunk of the cab. A few minutes later we hear a knock at the door and it's the taxi driver, we know what he wants and he is very happy when we return his belongings.

Afternoon is spent at the pool. At long last, Ian finally gives me my first snorkel lesson. I do ok and sort of get the hang of it, my mask doesn't leak but I don't like how my snorkel fits inside my mouth, so next time I will try his and hope it works better. I still need more practice in the pool before I head out into open water.

Sundays are the weekend for the locals here and basically their only day off of the week. Cruise ships generally do not come into port on this day. Every Sunday evening there is a band or small festival held in the downtown area, so Ian and I head out after dinner to check it out. We find a family oriented small festival going on. There is no band today, but there are speakers with Christmas music. Little stands with cakes and deep fried foods for sale. Lots of activities for kids like trampolines to jump on, painting eisels, sparkles, toys with lights and Christmas decorations. Everyone is happy and having fun. There are some Christmas lights on the streets in the downtown area and some of the hotels are really decked out. Since we generally stay home after dark, this was our first time seeing all the lights.

We head back home to the condo and catch a Christmas movie called Fred Clause, which neither of us had seen before, and we both really enjoy. It's beginning to feel a lot like Christmas in Cozumel!

Advertisement



Tot: 0.089s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 5; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0608s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb