Sunday Spend Free Day


Advertisement
Mexico's flag
North America » Mexico » Quintana Roo » Cozumel
December 10th 2012
Published: December 10th 2012
Edit Blog Post

So we decided not to spend a cent today since we've been spending a little more than we budgetted for and we had lots of food in the fridge. We did this a few times when we were in Costa Rica last year.

Went for a walk in the morning - south (opposite to downtown) where the international cruise ship terminal is. Since there were no ships today, it was like a ghost town. Mexicans work six days per week so Sunday is really 'the weekend.'

Then we hung around the condo, skyped with Miranda and Mom & Gary. With all the windows open, a wind gust caused our master bedroom door to slam shut and lock. We found we didn't have a key to open that door. Ian played around for a while trying to pick the lock without success so we had to email our owner for help. She showed up a while later but she also didn't have a key. Ian found a ladder (it was the home built variety) outside but it was too short to get to the window since we are on the second floor. Ian noticed that one of our neighbors had a truck in the parking lot, so Cecila (our owner) asked the truck owner to back the truck up next to the building under our window. I think Cecila was worried about this plan, worried that Ian was going to fall. I held the ladder in the back of the truck as Ian climbed up, slid open the screen and entered through the window so everything worked out fine in the end. Ian took the door handle off the door so it won't lock us out again and Cecila will arrange to get a key made in the future.

The weather clouded up in the afternoon and we saw the first bit of rain, just a slight shower that passed quite quickly. The sunset was very different today, just enough room under the clouds to watch the sun settle into the water. The forecast is for more clouds and rain over the next few days, a bit cooler would be a welcome change so that is fine with us.

Having eaten a lot of tacos and burritos lately, I was craving some regular food, so we settled for meatloaf, kraft dinner and salad. One downside is that we haven't been able to find any bbq sauce, I suppose I will have to google a recipe to make my own going forward. Without any sauce, the meatloaf was dry, just like the hamburgers we had last week, I don't think there is much fat in the ground beef here. The upside was that we learned that our oven works really good so I am starting to think about making turkey for Christmas dinner. Can't believe that is only two weeks away.

Advertisement



10th December 2012

went to tombstone for a couple of days neat glad to hear things are going well in cozumel talked to curtis closin this a.m. he will be there next month he is the diver who was adrift in the ocean last year when the bottom fell out of their boat you will meet him loves to talk weather is o.k. here 70 to low 80s not cozumel,bot o.k.
10th December 2012

Mexico Trip
You guys are having quite the adventure ! Ian is what is called a " Second story Man " ! Ha ! Your mom said that there a lot of recipes for Barbecue sauce with Ketchup and brown sugar etc . Happy cooking ! Gary and Carol

Tot: 0.108s; Tpl: 0.014s; cc: 9; qc: 47; dbt: 0.0593s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb