Homeward Bound


Advertisement
Mexico's flag
North America » Mexico » Quintana Roo » Cancun
April 29th 2014
Published: October 12th 2014
Edit Blog Post

So here we are, 4 months, 2 continents, 10 countries, countless incredible experiences, the odd argument or 10 (but we're still going strong) and we have finally arrived at our very last stop; Cancun Airport. To top it all, we have just had a call to come to the gate early and have been told that we have both been upgraded from Economy to World Traveller Plus (premium economy)...very exciting indeed!
We are currently sitting down in the departure lounge with a bottle of Bombay Sapphire mixed into a bottle of soft drink to chill Gem's pre-flight nerves for the final time this trip, whilst reminiscing about how incredible the past four months have been and what an amazing time we have had. Despite often dreading coming back to reality, with Gem showing symptoms of Leishmaniasis and a parasite in her belly and with both of us very much looking forward to seeing all of our friends and family, it makes going home that bit easier.

With talks about our next trip already happening and having numerous holidays in the pipeline, it won't be long until we are jetting of somewhere nice pretty soon.

We're on our way home. Next stop...London Gatwick.


Additional photos below
Photos: 4, Displayed: 4


Advertisement



Tot: 0.098s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 17; qc: 56; dbt: 0.0647s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb