Sightseeing!


Advertisement
Mexico's flag
North America » Mexico » Puebla » Puebla City
July 1st 2013
Published: July 15th 2013
Edit Blog Post

Today started bright and early -not too early thank goodness!! We started off our day by going to a restaurant that was just a short distance away. One would think that walking a short distance wouldn't be a huge ordeal, but when you're trying to get 20 people to get from point A to point B while having to cross multiple roads. We did manage to make it there without anyone getting hit by a car so, yay!

We pretty much filled up the restaurant with our 20 person family; the people working there were extremely nice however and didn't seem too bothered by it. Before we ordered they brought out a gorgeous basket of an assortment of breads. All of which I wanted to eat. All. Of. It. Don't worry guys, I did no such thing 😉 I ordered Oaxacan eggs, which was basically eggs with salsa, beans, and something else that I had no clue what it was, but didn't taste half-bad.

After eating, we paid our cheque and made our way! We did a giant walking tour with a guide from the city; it was amazing! we went through the downtown area and saw all of the major spots, with the guide telling us all of the history behind it all. We also got to see the Cathedral and many other churches; all of which were breathtakingly gorgeous. Another cool building we got to see was the government building and all of the history behind that!

After our long and busy day -I know it doesn't sound busy but trust me, it was! -we were given a map with instructions to do our own walking tour. Everyone paired off with their roommate to do their own thing. A couple pairs of roommates got together and were going to make their way to do the self-guided walking tour. Laura and I stayed behind to work on our journals. After we got caught up on our journals we made our way to Paseo Bravo, a giant park like area, for some food; I had finally convinced Laura that you cannot come to Mexico and NOT have street tacos.

The vendor that we went to had a ton of people eating from it so we knew that was a good sign; we were 2 of 3 girls there so it was a little awkward ordering and eating our food while getting stares of 'Oh my gosh, they're eating here? Wow'. The tacos were extremely yummy, and we finished them just in time! It started to rain a little bit so we finished our drinks, gave them back the plates, thanked them, and made a mad dash for the Hotel. We reached the hotel just in time; it started raining cats and dogs seconds after we reached our room. Unfortunately for the others that had decided to do the walking tour, they were still stuck somewhere out in the rain.

It felt like an hour had passed when we finally heard them coming through the door, they definitely had gotten soaked. For the rest of the night we chilled inside, until we finally decided to go to sleep.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.077s; Tpl: 0.008s; cc: 5; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0556s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb