Oaxaca with Donzetta


Advertisement
Mexico's flag
North America » Mexico » Oaxaca » Oaxaca
April 1st 2012
Published: April 2nd 2012
Edit Blog Post

Entrada a la Plaza de la IglesiaEntrada a la Plaza de la IglesiaEntrada a la Plaza de la Iglesia

This is the entrance to the church plaza. All of the town activities occur in the church plaza.
Hello All,

I have some beautiful pictures to share from saturday and sunday. Saturday, Envia took a group from ICO (Instituto Cultural Oaxaca) to a couple of pueblos to talk with the women to whom the school has given loans that are funded by the tour fees and donations. One city, Teotitlan de Valle, is known for its beautiful weaving of tapete (small wool carpets), bags and other woven items. We visited 3 different businesses there. The other city that we visited was a very complicated indian name that starts with a "T". There were 3 businesses also, one group of women sold fish, one group sowed very beautiful full aprons and the 3rd group had a small business that sold items of need and a few other things. It was wonderful to see how the school has provided no-interest loans to these women in order to improve the communities. The school has made several hundred loans in several communities around Oaxaca and is expanding into other communities. I think that it is a wonderful work.

I have so many pictures that I will stop today with these....more to come.


Additional photos below
Photos: 10, Displayed: 10


Advertisement

La Iglesia en "T"La Iglesia en "T"
La Iglesia en "T"

This is the front entrance into the courtyard of the church. All of the town activities happen in this courtyard.
Despues de la MisaDespues de la Misa
Despues de la Misa

This is the people coming from church. They have a tradition of bringing flowers to the church and then taking them to the grave of the deceased at the one year anniversary of the death.
Adentro la IglesiaAdentro la Iglesia
Adentro la Iglesia

This is a side area inside the church. This is one of the only churches where the indios have decorated the inside of the churches with their art rather than the gold decoration of the spanish
Otra Area AdentroOtra Area Adentro
Otra Area Adentro

Another side area inside the church.
El altar principioEl altar principio
El altar principio

This is the main altar
Un organo de AlemaniaUn organo de Alemania
Un organo de Alemania

This is an organ from Germany. It came somewhere around the 17th century.
Vendedora de PescadoVendedora de Pescado
Vendedora de Pescado

This lady in one of a group of 3 women that sell fish.
Los CanadiensesLos Canadienses
Los Canadienses

These are the members of our tour group this morning (minus me, the picture taker). All are orginally from Canada. Two are ex-pats that live in Mexico.
Un aborrote con comedorUn aborrote con comedor
Un aborrote con comedor

This group has a small store with necessities and a small dining room for selling food.


Tot: 0.085s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 8; qc: 49; dbt: 0.0491s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb