Oaxaca with Donzetta


Advertisement
Mexico's flag
North America » Mexico » Oaxaca » Oaxaca
March 26th 2012
Published: March 27th 2012
Edit Blog Post

It is now Monday and my break before the afternoon classes begin. I have taken a picture of my new grammar class. We had one person join us from Japan. She is a school administrator in Tokiyo. She speaks very good spanish. She studied two years in spain and some other time in Mexico City. She is here to improve her spanish before spending some time with her daughter in Mexico City. Her daughter is going to spend a year at UNAM. She speaks good english and of course Japanese.

It is now Tuesday and I have more pictures so I am going to publish now. Enjoy!


Additional photos below
Photos: 8, Displayed: 8


Advertisement

Mi segunda semanaMi segunda semana
Mi segunda semana

This is my second week and each week people either come or go. Two guys left, one to ride their bicycles to the beach, a very difficult ride, the other went to Mexico City and then will go home to Colorado.
Los JaponesesLos Japoneses
Los Japoneses

This is Riota and Cazuco from Japan. He is an employee and she is a student in my class. There are several students here from Japan.
La DirectoraLa Directora
La Directora

This is the director of the school in the main office with employees in the background. The school building was once the home of her mother. It has lots of rooms for classes and several beautiful gardens.
Las Chicas en la OfiicinaLas Chicas en la Ofiicina
Las Chicas en la Ofiicina

This is Trinidad, the gerente of the ofiicina and another employee. They have a great time together in the office.
EnviaEnvia
Envia

This is Samantha, the person who coordinates Envia. Envia is an organization of the school that loans to the poor women in the surrounding pueblos so that they can start or build their businesses. The money for the loans is raised from the money charged for the tours for the students during which the negocios explain their business. The banks charge from 70 - 90% interest. This is a very compassionate and necessary organization for the poor of the smaller villages..
Una TrabajadoraUna Trabajadora
Una Trabajadora

This is Vicky, the lady who keeps everything clean for us. She is very quiet and hardworking (trabajadora).
Las MaestrasLas Maestras
Las Maestras

These are some of the teachers, including the twin sisters (gamelas).
La cafeteriaLa cafeteria
La cafeteria

This is our cafeteria where they serve coffee gratis and you can buy sandwiches, soda, galletas and chips. Here is one of the employees. I forgot to ask her name.


Tot: 0.069s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 6; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0475s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb